There is a variety of drones that are available in the market and you will need to stay very focused on what your requirements are. As a user, you will need to narrow down your search by preparing a list of the features you need in your drone. You may want to buy the drone for photography purposes, or also participate in some casual drone races. There are also multiple tournaments in which you can participate where you will be provided the right space to show off some skills. Our team of experts has compiled a list of few best stunt drones from which you can choose and enhance your piloting skills.
However, there are a few things that you must keep in mind while flying a drone and the most important of all is safety. You should always avoid flying a drone indoors and you must not perform any acrobat in the living room with people in it. It is not only dangerous for the ones in the room, but it can also damage your home interiors. We have tried to include drones that can fit beginners, as well as professionals. Let’s dive into the detailed review of some of the top drones that you can buy right now.
Run for the Stunts: Best Stunt Drones with pros and cons
It’s time that we dive deep into a more detailed look at all the stunt drones that you can buy right now. We would like to recommend picking one as soon as possible as you may not be able to find the one you like in stock this holiday season.
Best Stunt Drones
Here is a comparison table of the top 10 best Stunt drones that you can purchase:
|Holy Stone HS170 drone||4.8/5|
|Syma X5SW 2.4 GHz drone||4.5/5|
|Air Hogs 360 Hoverblade drone||4.9/5|
|Contixo F24 Pro 4K drone||4.3/5|
|DJI Mavic Air drone||4.6/5|
|Yuneec Typhoon H Pro drone||4.2/5|
|DJI Mavic Air 2 drone||4.4/5|
|iFlight Chimera4 4S drone||4.8/5|
|iFlightTurboBee FPV HD drone||4.6/5|
|Parrot PF728000 ANAFI Drone||4.9/5|
1.Holy Stone HS170 drone
If you have ever heard or searched about a drone, there are very high chances that you have heard of Holy Stone. The brand is known for its top-notch quality in a very affordable category. When you are a beginner or even a traveller, the most important factor for you will be portability.
Holy Stone kind of aced it and you will get a very lightweight drone where you will be able to learn all the flying aspects very easily. The compact size of the drone doesn’t translate to any instability or speed. When you are looking for one of the best stunt drones, you will need to get one that offers good speeds.
There are also multiple features that will help a beginner in flying the drone quite easily. Holy Stone also took care of security where the drone will come with propeller guards so that it doesn’t get broken on minor crashes. If you are planning on buying a stunt drone, it’s important that you go through all the pros and cons of the same.
- The drone offers 3 flying modes and you will be able to set the speed setting according to your expertise level.
- The headless mode will allow the beginners to fly the drone without worrying about the direction of the drone.
- Holy Stone is also providing a well-equipped gyroscope that will be significantly helpful in keeping the drone stable.
- The honeycomb design and a very compact form factor of the drone will give this drone a very premium look.
- The remote controller is also quite responsive and you will be able to perform the stunts very easily.
- The lightweight construction of the drone can be a big factor in not able to fly in windy conditions.
- The quality of the remote controller can be much better.
2.Syma X5SW 2.4 GHz drone
To all the drone buyers out there, there are quite a few factors that you need to know. When you are out and about to get the perfect stunt drone, there are high chances that you will get all confused and will not be able to reach a decision. The drones that are coming these days are well equipped. It has become quite easier for beginner pilots to start flying.
You also don’t need to worry about the budget like this one from Syma is super affordable. You will also be able to perform multiple air stunts using this little drone.
The camera that is present on this drone is also good enough for this price point. The companion app that you will get has also a very intuitive interface.
If you are looking for a budget drone that has all the necessary features that you will look for in one of the best stunt drones, your search should end right here. The live video transmission that you will get on this drone will go up to 480p at 30 frames per second.
- The headless mode will allow you to fly the drone quite easily and the pilot will not have to worry about the drone’s direction.
- The 3-axis gyroscope coupled with the 3-axis accelerometer will be able to provide you a very stable flight.
- The propeller guards that are present on this drone will give you enough protection from minor crashes.
- The integrated camera at this price point is also a huge plus point on this drone.
- The build quality of the drone is sturdy enough and you will get robust drone legs that will be significantly helpful while landing.
- The range offered by the Syma drone is just 50 meters.
- The battery is also quite limited where you will be able to fly it only for 5-6 minutes per charge.
3. Air Hogs 360 Hoverblade drone
There are multiple drones that are available in the market and if your focus is solely on performing stunts, this one can be the perfect choice for you. This one from Air Hogs is the one that will also not make any dent in your pocket. Unlike the other drones, this one comes with 3 spokes and the brand has tried to offer all the features that you necessarily need in the best stunt drones.
Thanks to the compact size and lightweight build, the drone will be able to stay in the air for up to 2 hours.
There is one huge drawback and that’s the drone doesn’t feature a camera and that’s why it’s also quite cheaper than the competition. If you are buying it for stunt purposes, you must note that the speed that you will get here is not quite fast.
The transmission range is also quite less and you will be able to fly it just up to 20 feet. However, it will not be a deal-breaker for those who are specifically buying the drone for stunt purposes.
- The battery life of the drone is the biggest plus point of this drone where you will be able to fly it for 2 hours.
- The remote controller is quite easy to use and all you will get is a single button to give it multiple throttles.
- The lightweight build of the drone will also be a big contributor to the long battery life of the drone.
- The drone will come with integrated propeller guards that will help in keeping the router safe and secure from all the crashes.
- The drone will only come with a 100 mAh battery. Air Hogs should increase the size and add some extra features like a camera, etc.
- The batteries required by the remote controller don’t come included.
4.Contixo F24 Pro 4K drone
If the budget that you have doesn’t come with any limitation, there are very high chances that you will find this one from Contixo a quite interesting one.
The drone is also quite sturdy and you will find all the features that are necessary for a stunt drone to have. The camera present on the drone will allow you to record high-resolution images. The remote controller that you will get here will also support the smartphone mount and you will be able to get a much better FOV.
The camera angle that you will get will give you a wide-angle of 120-degrees. If you are a beginner, you must know that the drone doesn’t come with integrated propellers and you will have to be extra careful while flying. The design language opted by the drone gives it a bit bulkier look and you may find it a bit tiring to carry.
The integrated GPS on the drone will give you the option of setting the path beforehand. It will also not get very noisy and you will get to fly it whenever you want without worrying about the surroundings.
- On a single charge, the drone will stay in the air for up to 30 minutes.
- Thanks to the on-board GPS, the drone will allow you to bring it home just by a single touch.
- The integrated camera can record up to 4K resolution, giving you very crisp and sharp results.
- In terms of height, the drone can go all the way up to 1800 feet.
- It will also give you a wide-angle view of 120-degrees.
- The charging time of the drone is quite high and you will need to carry dual batteries for better performance.
5. DJI Mavic Air drone
When you are out in the market looking or searching for the best stunt drones, there are quite high chances that you will be bombarded with a range of options. And it can become quite hectic for you to choose one.
The 3-axis gyroscope that you will get on this drone paired with a dedicated 3-axis accelerometer will give you quite enhanced results in terms of stability and remote responsiveness.
The design language opted by drones here offers users a very compact form factor. The build quality is also quite robust and it will last with you for quite long. There is one thing that you need to know and that’s the price point of this drone.
It will come in the range of $1000 and there will also be multiple colour options available here. The range that the drone will offer you can go up to the range of 2.5 miles and you will get one of the best first-person views right on your smartphone.
The controller that is bundled with DJI Mavic Air is also highly responsive and you will get used to the interface very easily.
- The video recording that you will get here will go all the way up to 4K Ultra HD. You will get to record using the smartphone.
- The 6-axis gyroscope will give the drone ability to come with higher obstacle avoidance. It will be helpful in flying in not very open places.
- There are also various flight modes that you will be able to use according to the mode and level you are on.
- The camera comes with an in-built gimbal that will give you the option to record some amazing panorama shots.
- You will have to charge the drone by taking out the batteries.
- The drone can be a bit pricier for beginners out there.
6. Yuneec Typhoon H Pro drone
The drones that you will find in the market on a major part will be the ones with the quad set up of cameras. This one from Yuneec comes with 6 propellers and it will be quite helpful in performing some amazing stunts in the air. The interface that you will get here is quite intuitive and you will find it quite easier to manoeuvre.
The drone is also very robust and there is one thing that you must know and that’s it is not suitable for beginners out there. The drone is also equipped with a high-end camera that is mounted on the gimbal.
The package will also include a touch-screen based on the Android OS and you will be able to get an understanding of the drone without seeking any professional help.
The combination of matte black and glossy black finish will give the Typhoon H Pro drone a quite premium look. The quality of the propellers and the landing stand is also well-built and you will get to use it for multiple years. All you need to do is pay a bit extra care while handling. If your focus is on portability, this one is not the drone for you.
- The landing gear on the drone is the retractable one. It will give you an ergonomic design.
- The propellers on this drone sport a high-end motor that will make sure you get the most precise results.
- The camera can record up to the 4K resolution. It will be able to record very detailed results.
- On a single charge, the drone will fly up to 25 minutes.
- Yuneec Typhoon H Pro comes with 8 flight modes and you can configure one according to your learning level.
- It’s quite big and users will not be able to easily carry it from one place to another.
7. DJI Mavic Air 2 drone
We have also included the debut model of DJI’s Mavic Air series. If you don’t have the budget limitation, the updated version of this drone is also worth considering. This drone will be the one with updated specs and you will get all the necessary features that you might think of.
The video quality on offer here will go all the way up to 4K and you will be able to get highly stable shots, all thanks to the 3-axis gimbal. There will be minimal jitters and the camera will be able to record highly detailed frames.
If you are looking specifically for the best stunt drones, there are a few factors that you need to keep in mind.
The most important one is that it should be compact so that you are able to carry it from one place to another. This one from DJI is also the one that will allow you to perform some amazing stunts and the range that you will get is also good enough.
You can assume the performance solely by the drone’s 34 minute flight time on a single charge. The flight time can be easily extended by keeping two batteries fully charged up.
- There are multiple shooting modes that you will get on this drone and you will get to choose one that fits your learning level.
- This drone from DJI will not only be suitable for stunt purposes, but you will also get to use it for aerial photography.
- The compact size of the drone will also allow you to carry it from one place to another without any worry and luggage issue.
- The remote controller that you will get here will allow you to add your smartphone or tablet to get the best FPV.
- It is not suitable for beginners, as it falls in the premium category and you will also not get any propeller guards.
8. iFlight Chimera4 4S drone
The design language opted by the brand here is quite unique and you will not be able to find any of the drones here. When you are into aerial photography or air stunts, you will need to have a drone and this one is capable of fulfilling all your requirements.
You will also get the drone in a very lightweight build and it will allow you to use it without getting it registered with the FAA.
The texture on this drone is the carbon fibre one where you will get a very premium look. If you are wondering about the controls and advanced features, the drone is equipped with integrated GPS that will come in quite handy while you are in the air and need to quickly land the drone.
It will also allow you to set a path and the drone will reach there on its own.
iFlight is also providing you an in-built camera that is capable of recording detailed images. The unique design of this one of the best stunt drones is also very ergonomic. It will be helpful in giving you the optimum speed. The pilots will also be able to use it in casual races.
- Though the drone is pretty lightweight, the quality on offer isn’t compromised.
- The integrated GPS on this drone will allow you to set the path beforehand and you can hover it at one fixed point.
- The drone will also offer you high speeds with multiple flight modes.
- iFlight is also offering you the TPU guards on all the four spots that will touch the ground while landing. It will act as an added layer of protection.
- The quality of the drone is good enough, however, there is still a lot of scope for improvement.
9. iFlightTurboBee FPV HD drone
If you are yet confused and not being able to find one for yourself, there are high chances that one thing that’s restraining you is the budget. For beginners, this drone can be the best choice as it will fall right under the entry-segment.
The drone is the one that you will get all unassembled and you will get a detailed step-by-step guide to assemble it all on your own.
The process is quite simple and you will not need any professional help. The frame that is offered here is quite sturdy and the ergonomic design of the drone is also a huge contributor to the speed that you will get. The packaging will also include a camera and you will get to record while performing amazing stunts.
The size of the drone is also very compact and you will be able to fit it anywhere. You will also get to connect your smartphone through the companion app and it will be helpful in framing the shots.
- The propellers on this drone come sturdy and well built.
- As the drone comes at a pretty lightweight build, the drone will not need to be registered with the authorities.
- All the parts and the tools that you will need to use while assembling are included in the box.
- The top and bottom plates come with a thickness of 4mm and 2mm, respectively.
- There are certain reviews present online that indicate the quality of the drone isn’t up to the mark.
- The battery life can also be improved quite a lot.
10. Parrot PF728000 ANAFI Drone
This drone carries a lot of significance when it comes to giving you the options that you need while performing air stunts. Parrot is a brand known for its quality. And you will also not find yourself regretting after investing in this drone. The battery that you will get on this drone is also capable of lasting long when compared to the competitors.
The remote controller that you will get here will give you the capability to add your smartphone. You can download the companion app from your OS’s app store.
The camera that’s here will be affixed on a gimbal and you will get to pan up and down to get some amazing aerial shots. However, before you make your decision to buy one, we would like to give you some pros and cons.
- The camera will give you the option to record up to 4K resolution.
- On a full charge, the drone can fly up to 25 minutes. You can also extend the time by keeping 2 batteries with you.
- Thanks to the USB Type-C charger, the drone can be easily connected to your computer using the existing peripherals.
- The top speed that this drone can touch goes up to 55km/h. It’s a must for the stunt drone that you are buying.
- It can be out of budget for beginners and the operation may also feel a bit complicated.
Factors to consider: A buyer’s guide
You may wonder why there is a need to include a buy when the best stunt drones are already reviewed above, there are very high chances there is a section of viewers who isn’t able to pick one from this list. This guide will give them a chance to choose one by going through the necessary factors.
When you are on a tight budget, you will search for the drones that fall in the entry-level or the budget-segment. These drones will not have very high-end security features. The features that more premium drones will have are obstacle avoidance, multi-directional sensors, and propeller guards. Try to find the one that has the most to offer.
When you are buying a drone, no matter if it’s for stunt purposes or photography purposes, having a good transmission range will always help the pilot. If you are here, there are high chances that you are planning to buy a stunt drone, and the range that you will get here will not go very long as you will need to keep the drone in your sight to perform the flips and other stunts.
The stunt drones will not need a camera and that’s the reason a majority of these drones will only provide you a mounting bracket where you can add some lightweight camera. You can find some with low-quality camera units and you will not be able to get good output. Additionally, it will take a toll on the drone’s battery life.
The stunt drones that are available in the market come with a 6-axis gyroscope. And it will add significantly to the drone’s stability. You must know one thing though, there is no such thing as a 6-axis gyroscope, and the reason a 3-axis gyroscope is termed as a 6-axis one is that these drones will also pack a 3-axis accelerometer with it.
If you are a feature, the additional smart features will be quite helpful and you will also be able to learn flying easily. However, there are some features that you should have, no matter a beginner or a pro. The necessary smart features are altitude hold, auto-landing/take off, headless mode, etc.
For the beginners out there or the ones who are not very flexible with their budget, the pricing is also quite a big factor. We have included some of the best stunt drones that are in the budget segment and you will not make any dent in your bank account. These drones are also equipped with necessary features and you will not find the interface any complex.
Final thoughts: Our recommendations
Before you hit Back, we hope that you find this review-cum-guide a bit helpful. When you are in the market choosing a drone all by yourself, it may become quite a tiring task. The features that these drones have to offer are kind of very similar. It will confuse you quite a lot. In case you aren’t able to find yourself picking one from the aforementioned list. We have included a buyer’s guide to help you even further.
If you still want us to give you our recommendations, the first one that you can buy is DJI Mavic Air. It’s a drone that will fall in the premium category and the build quality that you will get is quite sturdy and robust.
The second one you can buy on our recommendation is Syma X5SW. This is one of the cheapest and also one of the best stunt drones for beginners out there. The lightweight and a range of smart features will allow you to fly it quite easily.
Some common questions!
- Is it hard to assemble the drone?
A majority of drones that are coming these days come fully assembled and all you need to do is put the battery in and you are good to go.
- Do stunt drones come with any specific feature?
Any drone that comes with a gyroscope and accelerometer can be categorized as the stunt drones. It will be able to perform 360-degrees, barrel roles, etc.
- Can a beginner use these stunt drones?
Yes, the stunt drones that are available in the market are suitable for beginners. These drones will allow the new pilots to learn various flying tricks and be able to perform stunts in the air.