Various drones are available in the market that comes with high speeds. You will also get to see the first-person view for better maneuvering. When you are looking for a drone that is capable of participating in races. You will need to look out for various things. As these copters are getting quite popular, many users found drone racing to be a very entertaining sport. While racing, you can set the rules and create multiple difficulty levels to add more fun to it. These are some of the best FPV racing drones you can find in the market right now. When it comes to using, a drone can be used for a range of purposes including photography, site inspection, etc.
There are also some cities where drones are used more widely. For example, some restaurants have started delivering food parcels to nearby locations using the drone. If you are trying to find the drone that can win you races, your primary focus should be on getting the ones that can achieve higher speeds.
The propulsion force offered by their motors will give you the ability to fly even in the windy conditions. These drones can also be a perfect gift and as some of them are lightweight. You will not need to register them with authorities like the FAA. Without delaying it any further, let’s dive into the review with pros and cons.
10 Best FPV Racing Drones of all Budget
It’s time we dive into the review and help you in making the decision. These drones that are added here are handpicked by our team. You should be able to choose the one that fits your requirements. The top priority that we have gone through here is to get you the top speed.
Here is a comparison table of the top 10 best FPV racing drones that you can purchase:
|Parrot Bebop 2 drone||4.9/5|
|Parrot Anafi drone||4.6/5|
|DJI Mavic Pro drone||4.2/5|
|Altair Falcon AHP drone||4.4/5|
|Altair Aerial AA300 drone||4.7/5|
|Altair 818 Hornet drone||4.1/5|
|Holy Stone HS170 drone||4.3/5|
|DJI Spark drone||4.4/5|
|Altair Outlaw SE drone||4.8/5|
|Syma X5C-1 drone||4.6/5|
1. Parrot Bebop 2 drone
This drone from Parrot comes with a range of features that you will get to fly the control according to you. The drone comes with a very modern design where you will be able to get a very clear and sharp live feed.
The remote controller that you will get on this drone will not give you the integrated screen. You will have to download the companion app.
You will also get to see the live feed through the VR headset.
On the features front, the drone will offer you good build quality.
The materials used here will give it the feather-weight and the drone will also remain stable in little windy conditions. The drone is also capable of auto-pilot to some extent where you can fly without giving much input.
You will also get a one-touch return where the drone will come back to the take-off position in just a single command. Thanks to the onboard GPS, you will get to map out the path and the drone will follow it without taking any input from you. The take-off and landing are also made quite easier to help the beginners in mastering the skill. This is the best FPV racing drones with good quality camera for clear image output.
- The flight time that you will get here will be around 25 minutes. Considering the price, it is quite good compared to the competitors.
- The flight range offered by Parrot Bebop 2 will be around 2 km. The drone will also give the live feed up to this range.
- The camera that you get on this drone will be a 1080p unit and will get you a clear output.
- The drone will also allow you to connect the VR headset to get an even better view of the shot that you are getting.
- Though the build quality of this drone is good enough, Parrot can do a bit better.
- The interface of the drone you will get is a bit outdated and you may find it a little confusing.
2. Parrot Anafi drone
Not only for racing, but this drone from Parrot can also be considered as one of the best FPV racing drones for photography, both on professional as well as beginner level. The drone also comes in a very compact form factor where it will be a huge advantage while carrying it from one place to another.
There is one thing to note and that’s it’s not a very good option for the beginners. The reason behind this claim is mainly the higher price point. On the flying part, it is quite easy to fly with all the instructions that you may need to be guided through.
However, if you are finding yourself a bit confused, this Parrot option can be worth checking out when compared to some Altair models. Parrot Anafi is capable of giving you higher speeds. You will be able to easily compete in the drone races. Like the previous one, this one also gives you a good flight time. And we will discuss the details in the Pros section.
This drone is also equipped with a 4K HDR sensor that will help you in getting some amazing shots that you can easily use for any professional purpose.
- The range offered on this drone by Anafi is approximately 4 km which is more than average in this price category.
- The top speed you will get on this drone will be 55 kph in the Sports mode. It will reduce to 50 kph in some windy conditions.
- You will find the Follow Me feature where the drone will track you. This feature will be quite helpful in getting some stable shots.
- The companion app that you will get will allow you to edit the captured videos and pictures right there.
- There are a few software glitches that you may face while flying, however, Parrot can easily fix it with software updates.
- The obstacle avoidance is not very advanced.
3. DJI Mavic Pro drone
DJI is one of those brands that has almost nailed the drone technology. It is also introducing some very compact sizes. The brand focuses on giving you the ability to give the ease of portability. You will also get to see the features best implemented and DJI is also known for its good customer reviews. This is one of the best FPV racing drones that useful for good quality photographs capture.
The propellers you will get on this drone are quite sturdy where it will be able to sustain some falls.
The drone is also capable of getting some amazing stabilized shots, thanks to the 3-axis gimbal provided on this drone. The flight time that you will get on this drone will be around 27 minutes and you will get the Follow Me mode to get a stable shot.
The drone will track the object without giving you any kind of jitter.
In terms of the range, the DJI Mavic Pro will go up to a range of 4 km and you will get a clear and quite smooth 4K camera. The camera quality that you will get here will give you the professional shots and the beginner settings will help you in easy learning.
- The noise output by these motors will be quite reduced and it will be a huge factor to consider while buying.
- The drone will also be equipped with the auto-off and landing option. It will help you in landing it without any crash.
- Apart from the high-speed, the drone will also give you the capability of getting some amazing photographic marvels.
- The gimbal provided by DJI on this drone will give you very stable shots.
- The features offered by DJI on this drone will not be up to the ones you will get on this Mavic Pro.
- DJI will not give the much-needed support as there are newer models that are now available.
4. Altair Falcon AHP drone
If you are in the market finding a drone that can fit your racing needs, this one from Altair can be a good fit for you. If you are the one who is a beginner, Altair will give you the support that you need.
The brand’s customer care representatives will guide you through call or chat options that you can find on the Altair’s website/app.
The reason this drone is added in the list of ‘10 Best FPV Racing Drones’ primarily is because of the AHP feature. This feature will allow you to put the drone stabilized at a point. AHP will come quite handy when it comes to capturing group photos.
You will be able to find the on-board GPS a very helpful feature to maneuver the drone precisely. The remote controller that you will get here will allow you to add the smartphone and get crystal clear FPV.
The drone will be a perfect choice for beginners and in regard to its pricing, the feature set it has to offer is good enough. Altair will also give you 3 flying levels.
You can set according to the learning level you are on. It will allow beginners to master the skill without investing in a better drone.
- The AHP technology will give you a heads-up to position your drone before the race starts.
- The 3 flight modes will also be a very good addition for the beginners to learn.
- You will also be able to take-off/land the drone in just a single touch. It will help you in avoiding crashes.
- The live feed transmission will be up to a range of 100 meters and the camera on-board will be a 720p sensor with a wide-angle view of 120°.
- The flight time here is only limited to 10 minutes. You can extend it to 20 minutes by swapping the batteries.
- The drone will struggle in windy conditions.
5. Altair Aerial AA300 drone
There are a number of drones that are available in the market for a range of purposes including racing, photography, etc. Almost all the sectors are finding drones to be useful for one purpose or another. Altair is known for its exceptional services and feature set, Aerial AA300 is no exception.
The drone is available at very affordable pricing. You will find all the features that will help you in maneuvering the drone precisely.
The drone is also equipped with GPS where you will be able to set the path. And it will reach the set spot without any input from you. You can completely take your hands off the controller and see it reach the spot all by itself.
You will also get to enable the headless mode where the drone will fly according to the direction you are facing and not where it is facing. For the beginner flyers/pilots out there who get nervous while the landing and take-off, the drone comes with one-touch functionality.
The brand also gives you the full tutorial with how-to videos included so that you can refer to them in case of any confusion.
- The camera that you will get on Altair Aerial AA300 will be a 1080p HD unit where you will get crystal clear output.
- The altitude-hold feature at this price point is a very good option to have.
- The remote controller will give you the option of attaching a smartphone for a clear FPV.
- There will also be a Follow Me mode where the drone will give you the option of tracking an object and give stable footage.
- If you are flying the drone in windy conditions, it may struggle while the Follow Me mode.
6. Altair 818 Hornet drone
If you are in the market looking for a drone that doesn’t hit your pocket too hard, this one from Altair can be the perfect option. The features that you will get on this drone can be compared with those of some premium models.
The 818 Hornet will come with the propeller guards where you will get the extra protection in case it gets crashed.
At this pricing, the drone will offer you the flight time of 15 minutes on a single charge. You can always extend the flight time by getting multiple batteries.
The range that you will get on this drone with live transmission will be 150 meters. You will get to attach the smartphone to the remote controller where the Altair companion app will give you a clear first-person view.
If you are a beginner, you can always enable the headless mode where the drone will go in the direction where you are moving your joystick. There are multiple settings that you can turn on to fly the drone without much input.
The drone comes with a 720p camera which will give you clear output.
- The range that you will get here is quite good when it comes to the drone available in the price range.
- The interface that you will get allows you better flying.
- The camera will be able to record up to the 720p resolution. It will give you very amazing aerial shots.
- The altitude hold feature of the drone will give you the ability to capture group shots and you will also be able to position the drone better for races.
- The package comes with a single battery.
- If you are not looking for a drone with photography abilities, the extra features will be of no use for you.
7. Holy Stone HS170 drone
After Altair, the brand that has almost captured the market in terms of drones is Holy Stone. The drones that are introduced by the brand are pretty good where you will find a range of features and options to help you in flying.
This drone is also available in a very affordable price range. You can also find a refurbished one in case you want to first learn. On the features front, the drone is loaded despite the price and that’s a very significant reason it’s included in the list of best FPV racing drones.
The camera that you will get here comes with a 6-axis gimbal that will give you way better shots in terms of stability. This is the perfect drone you can buy if you have never flown a drone in your life.
This is the best drone you can buy for learning purposes. You will also get to turn on the headless mode where the drone will turn according to your direction.
The range that it will offer will be up to 50 meters where you will get clear videos. The flight time is quite lower at just 5-7 minutes which you can extend by getting multiple batteries.
- For a beginner racing drone, you will find this option to be exactly the one that will fulfil your needs.
- The design language that you will get here is also quite modern and compact. You will get to carry it very easily.
- The interface that you will get is also very easy-to-use. This is also the reason why it’s a good choice for beginners.
- There are also good quality propeller guards which will help you in avoiding the crash.
- The battery life you will get here is quite low whereas the charging time is very long. It will kill the practicality of the drone.
- There is no camera on this drone.
8. DJI Spark drone
This drone will be the perfect choice for the ones who don’t come with a budget. The design language that you will get on this one is quite compact. The drone comes with an integrated camera that can record up to a resolution of 4K.
The drone from DJI comes with the gesture mode that will help you in keeping the drone completely in your control. The automated flights will come with a range of settings including the headless mode.
The drone will also be able to stay at a fixed altitude where you can make use of it in various situations. The basic use of a drone pilot who bought it for racing can put it up to, for better positioning.
The flight time offered by this DJI offering will be up to 15 minutes where the camera sensor you will get will be a good-quality 1080p.
The obstacle avoidance you will get on this drone is also much better. It is even more enhanced by gesture control.
- This DJI offering can easily fly without much input. The drone’s lightweight is also a huge factor in giving it a good flight experience.
- The 1080p camera will be capable enough of providing you the footage that can be used professionally.
- The range offered by the drone will be good enough in the price segment.
- The motors on this drone will be the brushless ones. It will be the one that will provide you a durable life.
- The pricing of the drone is quite expensive and no one will be able to afford it easily.
- If you are the one who is trying to train themselves, this drone is not good enough for them.
9. Altair Outlaw SE drone
For the beginners who are trying to find that perfect drone, this one from Altair can be a perfect choice. The drone is also equipped with GPS where the drone will give you a lot of control while maneuvering. There are also multiple settings that you will find on this drone. It is capable of flying on very minimal input.
The camera unit that you will get on this drone will be capable enough to give you good footage that you can use for a professional purpose.
You will also get to set the path beforehand so that the drone can reach the destination with much input. Before we move towards the pros and cons, it will be better if you know about some of the primary features.
The drone is added in the list of 10 best FPV racing drones because of the live transmission range of 600 meters. The flight time offered by the drone will be up to 18 minutes and you can easily extend it by getting multiple batteries.
- The GPS-supported features on this drone are pretty modern where the most important one is the ability to fly it with minimal input.
- The mapping feature that you will get on the companion app will enhance the flying experience.
- The headless mode will make it even easier for the beginners to ace their flying skills.
- In regard to the pricing, the feature set provided by Altair is quite good and you will get the full worth of your money.
- As there are no propeller guards, the chances of damaging while a crash are quite high.
10. Syma X5C-1 drone
If you are trying to find the drone that can last with you for a long time, this one from Syma under the Explorers series can be a very good option for you.
You should not think of it as any less powerful due to smaller build quality and not-so-premium design language. However, the materials used here are top-notch and you will be able to use it for much longer just by paying a little extra care.
The primary reason behind its addition in the list of some best FPV racing drones is the speed that this drone has to offer. The price point is also a huge factor where under $70. And you get a camera-equipped drone with a 6-axis gyroscope sensor.
The image/video output that you will get while participating in a race will be quite phenomenal. The drone comes with an in-built non-replaceable 720p camera sensor with a single recording mode.
- The pilot can easily get the FPV by connecting a smartphone and getting relieved from all the stress of crashing it.
- The range offered by Syma is 45 meters where you will get a clear view of what’s ahead and where the drone is moving.
- The altitude-hold feature will give you the option of finding a better position before the race starts. It can use to capture group shots.
- The materials used in the construction of this drone make it quite a durable one.
- There is a single flight option that you will get.
- The flight time that you will get will only be around 5-7 minutes.
Choose the perfect drone: A buyer’s guide for best FPV racing drones
When it comes to buying any tech, there is nothing as one ‘best’ for everyone. It completely depends on the requirements and for what purpose you are buying it. The same is the case with drones. You have landed here so most probably you are searching for one that can win you some races.
If you are unable to choose from the list of 10 best FPV racing drones, we are providing you the guide to make a decision.
Yes, the obvious one. If you are in the market searching for the drone to compete in races, the most important aspect/feature of it should be the speed. An average speed provided by a mid-range drone will be around 40-60 kph. As you will increase the budget, the speed alongside other features will also enhance.
Screen for FPV
It would become much easier for you to fly a drone that comes with an in-built screen on the remote to give you the first-person view. If it doesn’t offer a screen, it should, at the very least, give you the option of attaching your smartphone to the controller so that you can get to have the FPV through the drone’s companion app.
It is also one of the most important aspects when it comes to buying a drone that can compete in a race. No matter how high the speeds it can offer, if the flight time is not long enough, the speeds will be of no use. A mid-range drone will give you the flight time of around 12-16 minutes, however, also some that can go up to 30 minutes.
When you are flying a drone, you can’t always keep it in your sight. To overcome this, the drone that you bought should come with a good flying range. If you are going to invest in a mid-range FPV drone, the range it will offer will be around 300-500 meters. This range will be capped for the live transmission that the drone gives to perfectly maneuver.
This is not one of the top priorities for a buyer who is looking for the drone to participate in races. This is because of 2 reasons, a) the camera will get a bit heavier. It will affect the battery life, and b) there is no need for a camera in drone races, especially for a beginner.
Final thoughts: Our recommendations!
Drones are gaining quite a popularity, thanks to them getting in a very affordable price range. It was not very long ago when no one could think of getting a compact drone to fly for fun or personal use. The drones that are coming these days come feature-packed where you will get a range of settings to completely configure it according to you.
We have handpicked some of the best FPV racing drones for you. In case you haven’t been able to make the decision, we are giving you 2 recommendations to help you in making the decision.
The first one that you can buy is the Altair Falcon AHP drone and this is the best FPV racing drones . If you are a beginner, this one is the right choice for you, primarily due to the feature set it offers. We will give 2 batteries with the package.
Coming to the second one, you can go to DJI Spark. This drone is for the buyers who don’t have a budget issue and are willing to pay a premium. It will give you a number of options in terms of gesture control, navigation, etc.
These 2 cameras & FPV drones will not give you any point to complain about and the easy interface provided by the brands make it easy for beginners to learn.
A better view: Few FAQs
- What does RTF mean?
These drones are for beginners or those people who don’t want to go through a setup process. RTF means ready-to-fly and you will not need to assemble anything after unboxing.
- Are gimbals necessary for a racing drone?
No, if your primary focus is not getting smooth B-roll shots/stable videos, a gimbal will not be a necessary add-on you want on your drone.
- For a beginner, is there any tip to avoid crashes?
There is only one tip and that is you should not let the drone go off your sight. Try to learn flying in open areas where you can get a lot of buffer zones to get the controls back.
People Also Like: