Photography is getting simplified with every passing day. There are a lot of photographers who shoot completely on a Smartphone and they are capable of getting some amazing shots. A drone will give you the impression of shooting mostly aerial shots or adding a transition element in a cool montage. Also, when the drones were introduced, they were meant to be flown outdoors only but as the technology advanced and the drones now sport much better precision and top-notch camera sensors. When it comes to taking selfie shots, smart phones struggle quite a lot and this is where you can invest in one of the best drones for selfies. These drone cameras come with a camera that is capable of zooming and giving you the perfect frame that you want.
The camera on these drones also comes with features such as facial recognition and you will be able to easily operate these drone cameras through the app with a wide range of features and control options. If you are in the market, looking for a drone, there can be a lot of confusion. However, there is nothing to worry about and we are here to help you in choosing the one. You should also know that some of these cameras are all-rounder where you will be able to get almost all the shots that you need.
10 Top Reviewed Best drones for selfies You can Choose From
If you are searching for a drone that can serve your requirements, you will find a lot of options to choose from. There is a whole range of drones that are offered from different brands and in this review we are providing you 10 handpicked drones that will be more than enough to fulfill all your requirements.
Best Drones For Selfies: Review with Pros & Cons
We have picked the 10 best drones for selfies that will fit the needs of a beginner. After this review, you will be able to decide for yourself. One thing that you should know is that the drones are based on the requirements and there will be no such thing as the best drone for everyone.
Top 10 Top Reviewed Drones Offered For Selfies
Here is a comparison table of the top 10 best drones for selfies that you can purchase:
|Hover Passport drone||4.7/5|
|DeXop SG900 Selfie drone||4.3/5|
|ZeroTech Dobby Selfie drone||4.6/5|
|EACHINE 520S GPS drone||4.2/5|
|DJI Mavic Pro drone||4.9/5|
|DJI Mavic Mini drone||4.5/5|
|DJI Spark drone||4.1/5|
|AUTEL Robotics Evo drone||4.8/5|
|Parrot Anafi drone||4.4/5|
|DJI Phantom 3 drone||4.6/5|
1.Hover Passport drone
If you are looking specifically for a drone to capture some smooth close-up shots or group selfies, this best drone for selfies can be a very good choice for you. Hover Passport is loaded with features where you will get to set up the facial recognition to follow you while you are doing some activity.
You can set the proximity that you want and the drone will maintain it. We have considered it to put on top because this drone is specifically focused on giving you the best selfie-taking experience.
You can capture the picture by a gesture where you will need to point your hand towards the drone. The drone also comes below the weight limit and hence, you will not need to register it with the FAA.
The design language of the drone comes with a very unique form factor and you will get to record up to 4K resolution. The propellers on this drone are also completely covered and it will allow you to shoot real close-ups.
Hover Passport is constructed of very sturdy carbon fiber and it will completely keep it safe from any accident. The photos captured by the drone are also very high in detail where the camera is 13 MP.
Though the build of this drone is quite compact, Hover managed to give you a flight time of around 10 minutes.
- The owner mode allows the users to set up the facial recognition feature where the drone will follow you around at a set distance.
- The gesture control that you will get on this camera will also help you in capturing the shots quite easily.
- The 4K video resolution that you will get on this drone will give you crisp and sharpest videos.
- The drone also comes with image stabilization where no matter how bumpy you are flying it, the output will be quite stable.
- You will not have to go through the FAA registration formalities.
- The flight time of the Hover Passport is comparatively lower and you will need to keep multiple batteries.
- Regarding the features, the drone is a bit pricier.
2.DeXop SG900 Selfie drone
The drone comes with a dual-camera setup where you will get to capture the pictures and videos from multiple angles. This drone from DeXop offers a very portable design where you will be able to fold the propellers into its body and the camera output of this camera will also be top-notch.
The drone package will include the remote control where you will need to put in a smart phone to access the controls.
The flight time that you will get on this drone will be a whopping 22 minutes and the drone is constructed in a sturdy material. Another huge benefit of this drone is that the batteries can recharge with the provided charger in a mere 40 minutes.
For the users who are buying the camera specifically for taking selfie shots, this DeXop SG900 will be a perfect choice. You will be able to activate the altitude hold feature which will give you a very stable output. The drone is added primarily to the list of best drones for selfies because of the feature-set that it has to offer.
There is also an auto-off function where you will get an alert in case the battery is going down and you need to land it immediately without crashing.
- The controller and the smart phone app will give you the option of controlling the drone’s flight speed.
- The dual-camera setup will give you the ability to record the content from different angles.
- The pricing of this drone is quite aggressive and even beginners will be able to easily afford it.
- The flight time of 22 minutes is also very good when compared to the other drones of the same price segment.
- The camera sensors that are used on this drone don’t offer top-notch picture and video quality.
3.ZeroTech Dobby Selfie drone
This one on the list is also a very good option when you are searching for a drone with the best drones for selfies that can provide you the utmost level of portability. The design language of this drone is done in such a way that the propellers get contracted into the body, making it a perfect size to put in the pocket.
The camera present on the drone will be a motorized one where it will move 90-degrees and this will allow you to capture the fast object quite easily.
Dobby is also equipped with a 3-axis gimbal where the shot that you will capture will turn out to be extremely clear. You will also get to download the ZeroTech app where the smart phone will turn into the controller.
The drone will give you the live feed on the smart phone and the app will also let you integrate your social media accounts so the captured images can be shared instantly.
The sensor will be 13 MP and you can record up to 1080p. The drone is also equipped with burst mode where you will be able to shoot multiple shots in one go.
- The image stabilization used in the drone comes with a 3-axis gimbal which will give you stable shots with crisp focus.
- The 1080p video output of the camera will give you very clear footage where you will be able to see all the faces very clearly.
- The selfie mode of this drone will give you the option of navigating the drone in a headless mode.
- The burst mode along with the time delay mode will give you the flexibility of framing the shot in exactly the way you like.
- There will also be target tracking where you will get it to follow you and get a very smooth montage.
- The flight time on this drone is quite less at just 10 minutes. It can go further below if you are flying in a windy condition.
- The calibration process can be a little bit tiring.
4.EACHINE 520S GPS drone
When it comes to getting the drone that comes with all the features and also at an affordable price point, there are very few options that you can rely on. This EACHINE 520S is one of those cameras where you will get a whopping 4K camera and with 5 GHz Wi-Fi capability.
The 5GHz wi-fi connection will give you a very stable connection and you can quickly transfer the shots. The remote controller that you will get with this drone can be attached to a smart phone where you will get a first-person view.
This drone is also equipped with GPS that will allow you to set the path for the drone. This feature will also allow you to bring the drone back to the take-off point without you giving any input.
You will also find the option of enabling the Follow Me mode where the drone will track you and give you a very stable shot without any jitter. If you are searching for a drone that can give you a very easy interface to work with, this drone from EACHINE can be a perfect choice.
Along with all the features, you will also get altitude hold, take-off, and landing using one button on the remote or through your smart phone app.
- The range where the live 4K video will transmit live on your smartphone will be 250 meters.
- The 4K sensor will also be capable of capturing amazing pictures where you will be able to see a lot of detail.
- The headless mode on the drone will give you the capability of maneuvering it in the direction you want it to go.
- The 1200 mAh battery on this drone will give you a flying time of 16 minutes. The range that it will cover will be around 250 meters.
- You will get a single button take-off and landing using a single button which will help beginners a lot.
- The construction of this drone could have been a bit more sturdy and robust.
5.DJI Mavic Pro drone
DJI has always been known for the professional heavy-duty drones that are mostly used in high-end cinematic shots. This drone from the DJI brand is a compact one where you will be able to keep almost all the features of those high-end ones.
This addition will be the most expensive drone on our list where the image and video output will be top-notch. With an operating range of 7 kilometers, the drone will fly at the highest speed of 65 km/h.
These high-end specs will give you the user experience of having much more than just a selfie drone. Thanks to the long range, the drone can also be used as a surveillance setup to keep an eye on your property.
If you are into drone racing, the Mavic Pro can be used in that one too. The flight time that you will get on this drone will be around 26 minutes and if you want to extend this time, you can invest in another set of batteries.
You will also get to use features like TapFly which will be used in easily maneuvering the drone and putting more of your focus on getting the perfect shot. The camera can record up to the resolution of C4K.
- The drone will come with obstacle avoidance where you will get to keep it flying without any stress.
- The drone is also equipped with a Tripod mode where the drone will hover at a set altitude to capture a group shot.
- No matter if you are a beginner or a professional, the drone will offer you a wide range of modes to fly accordingly.
- The compact size of the drone gives it the portability that you will need to get it from one place to another.
- If you are going to get extra batteries, they will cost you a lot.
- It is one of the most expensive drones in this list of ‘Best Drones For Selfies’.
6.DJI Mavic Mini drone
This one is also from DJI the best drones for selfies where the features that you will get are pretty great and you will get the best value for your money. The performance that this drone has to offer makes it stand out from the lot and you will be able to easily learn all the controls.
The remote controller will come included in the package and you will get to attach your smart phone to get FPV for even better flying.
The drone is loaded with features where you will get altitude hold, GPS, 2.7K recording, etc. The camera on DJI Mavic Mini is also equipped with advanced image stabilization and you will get very smooth and stable shots.
The drone also comes with a one-click return where you will be able to bring back the drone to the starting point in just one tap. While flying, you can turn off the drone by flipping it over.
The battery provided by DJI will offer you a flying time of around 30 minutes which will get a little lower to 25-27 minutes in case you are flying in a windy condition.
- The compact form factor of the camera comes pretty handy when it comes to practice using the drone.
- Unlike the previous one, this drone offers a camera of resolution 2.7K where the captured output will still be crisp and clear.
- The obstacle avoidance on this drone will be quite helpful when it comes to beginners learning how to fly.
- The DJI app for your smart phone is very intuitive and you will be able to easily understand all the options.
- While flying the drone, the app uses a lot of phone’s battery.
- The after-sales service can be a bit tiresome to deal with.
7.DJI Spark drone
When it comes to Spark, the USP is portability. The drone is pocket-sized and you will be able to get it anywhere quite easily. There are multiple settings that you will find on this drone which will be very helpful in precise maneuvering and the beginners will be able to learn all the controls all by themselves.
The number of features and stability that DJI Spark has to offer makes it worth every penny and you will also need not worry about the quality.
The range that this compact camera provides is around 2 kilometers and the flight time will be 15 minutes. To extend the flight time, you can always get another pair of batteries.
The sensor that you will get on this drone will offer the highest resolution of 1080p and the drone will come with TapFly where you will be able to get it in the air and land with just a single tap of the button. it is one of the best drones for selfies with various features and quality.
Here are some pros and cons for a better understanding.
- The flight modes that are provided on this camera are quite good and everyone from beginners to professionals can use them accordingly.
- The FHD video support will record clear videos and will also not take up a lot of space.
- The PalmControl feature will allow you to land and fly the drone by keeping it on your palm.
- The build quality of this compact drone is sturdy and the materials used in the construction will also keep the internals safe in case of any crash.
- There are some reviews where customers complained about the drone losing contact with the battery and it will fall right off.
8.AUTEL Robotics Evo drone
The brand is known for its high-performing products which also offer good value for your money. The drone from AUTEL comes loaded with features where you will get to record up to 4K resolution and the settings can also be configured quite easily.
The drone will give you the option of obstacle avoidance where if you are a beginner, you will get to learn everything about flying very easily.
There are certain options that when you will set up, you will find quite easy to fly and maneuver. The remote controller that you will get with this drone will be equipped with an OLED screen where you will get the FPV.
The screen will also be very helpful in getting the shot perfectly framed. AUTEL Robotics Evo drone comes with advanced image stabilization that will help you in getting the smoothest and most stable shots.
Before you make your decision, here are some pros and cons to help you get an even better idea.
- The design of the drone is quite modern and compact where you will get to fold the propellers into the body.
- With GLONASS tech onboard, the drone is equipped with IR sensors that will help you in getting obstacle avoidance.
- The camera sensor present on the drone will give you a 94-degree view with the highest resolution of 4K60 FPS.
- There is a gimbal present on the drone which is a 3-axis one and will give stable shots.
- There are some reviews present online where the users have complained about the bad/poor performance of the remote.
9.Parrot Anafi drone
If you are the one who is looking for a drone that can provide all the features and also not cost you a premium, this one is a perfect choice. This drone from Parrot comes with a foldable design where you will get to easily carry it anywhere you want.
The camera sensor that is present on this drone is a 21 MP one and it is capable of recording up to 4K videos.
There is also the optical zoom of 2.8x provided to you on this drone where you will also get obstacle avoidance. There is one thing that you must note and that’s the layout is quite difficult to understand.
We recommend this one to the professionals only. The range that you will get on a Parrot Anafi drone will be a whopping 4 km and the connection will remain quite stable throughout.
- The camera module on this drone comes with an 180-degree swivel and it will be easily operated through the app/remote.
- The drone motors aren’t also very noisy and you will get a wide-angle with a high dynamic range to give you better cinematic shots.
- The company offers you a flying time of 25 minutes which is above average when compared to the competitors.
- The $600 price point and this feature set are a rare match and you can go for this drone anytime.
- The materials used in the construction of the drone can be a bit more sturdy. The overall feel isn’t that great.
10.DJI Phantom 3 drone
This is the biggest drone in terms of form factor that you can get. This DJI offering is mostly used by professionals as the controls and handling aren’t that easy on this drone.
The camera module on this drone comes with a separate gimbal that will give you very stabilized results.
The drone will give you a resolution of up to 4K and you will also get to set up a mode where the camera will record in the fish-eye effect. Apart from this, the app will offer you a range of features that will help you with flying. The weight of the drone is also not that high and comes at 1.3 kg.
The camera sensor will give you the picture output of 12.4 MP and the range that you will get will be around 5 km. The reason behind its addition to the list of best drones for selfies is discussed in the form of pros and cons below.
- As the live feed will only be at 720p, it will also not consume a lot of battery from your phone.
- The drone is also equipped with GPS where you will be able to also get the path where you are flying.
- You can bring the drone back to the starting point in just one tap.
- The flight time offered by DJI is around 25 minutes and you can extend it by having an extra pair of batteries.
- DJI should focus on the after-sales service as it’s a general complaint by a lot of users.
Features to look for best drones selfies: A buyer’s guide!!
When it comes to getting the drone that you are buying specifically for taking selfies, or for any other purpose, there are various features that you need to look out for. The drone should be capable of giving you the options that you need and more importantly, it should be able to hover with good precision so that you can also get the best selfie shots indoors.
This is the most important aspect of any drone camera that you are going to buy. The flight time will matter a lot and if it’s not able to fly for at least 20 minutes on a single charge, the user experience will just be ruined. For the beginners out there, it’s better if you settle down for a drone that can fly for 5 to 10 minutes. It is so because these cameras are much cheaper and you will also be able to buy more batteries.
If you are going for a cheaper drone, the camera functionality will be an add-on. If you are buying the drone for the first time, and don’t have much idea about flying, you should do all the practice on these cheaper drones. Once you have mastered the flying part, it’s time to add a camera and shoot some exceptional B-rolls for your video or photo project.
The drones come with two sides, front and back, just like any aircraft. However, some drones come with a headless mode that will allow you to fly the drone irrespective of where it’s facing. For example, if you and the drone are facing the same direction, the controls will be like: if you press left, the drone will go left, however, if the drone is facing you and if you press the left button now, the drone will go right. Headless mode will solve this problem and having this feature onboard makes the drone one of the best drones for selfies.
Return Home feature
This feature will give you a very easy way to bring the drone back to its originating point without giving any inputs. The drone will also alert you when the battery is about to drain out and you should bring the drone back. It will give you some sort of security that your drone will not crash out of anywhere. This feature on a drone is powered by GPS and you will also get to set the path beforehand.
The range that the drone can go up to doesn’t matter a lot when you are buying it especially for taking selfies. You will keep the drone in your sight most of the time and the low range should not be a deal-breaker.
Final thoughts and our top picks!
The review that we have provided here should be able to help you in getting the drone that you need. If you are a traveler or one who parties a lot, having a selfie drone is quite important for you. The smart phones aren’t capable of shooting selfies with high details and also struggle quite a lot in low lighting. We understand that picking a drone even after a detailed review can be a task and if you are still confused about picking which one, we are here to help you with our 2 recommendations.
The first one that you can consider buying is the ZeroTech Dobby Selfie drone. This drone is one of the best drones for selfies, especially for beginners. You will also get a good feature-set where you will also get 3-axis stabilization.
The second drone you can get is DJI Spark. this is one of the best drones for selfies with a good quality camera. This one falls in a premium segment and you will also get obstacle avoidance to save the drone from unexpected crashing. We hope that now you can get some clarity in your mind and you are now able to decide to buy one. If yo u are not able to choose the one from this list, you can follow the buying guide to find yourself the drone according to the requirements.
Calming your curiosity: FAQs
- What are the features one shouldn’t miss on a selfie drone?
Once you have decided to buy the drone, the features that you must not skip on are altitude-hold and object tracking.
- Can I fly the drone in public?
Yes, the only thing that you need to know is that the drone that you are flying should be registered with the FAA if its weight crosses the mark of 250 grams. However, you must respect everyone’s privacy and not fly near someone in the range of 20-30 meters.
- Can a premium drone be a good choice for beginners?
It depends on how skilled you are and how easily you can understand the features. If you are investing in a premium drone, you should know that the accessories will also be pricier.
People Also Like: