When it comes to gifts, sometimes it becomes way more confusing than one can imagine. In today’s world, there are various devices that you can get for a perfect gift.
Drones are one of them. However, when you are in the market getting one, you will need to take extra care of getting the drone according to the age group. You can’t give a professional drone to a kid.
You must have seen your child eager to fly the drone that you have and it’s time to fulfil their demands by getting one from this list of best drones for kids that we have compiled just for you.
The kids’ drones come with a very simple and easy interface along with controlling and these are also a very good option for the beginners to start with. There is a wide range of these drones based on indoor/outdoor flying. In this detailed review, we are going to provide you the best drones in terms of performance, security, and overall features.
You don’t need to worry about safety as these are specifically designed for kids and hence, there are ample amounts of security features.
Best Drones For Kids : Features with Pros & Cons
If you are in the market looking for a drone to give a child, you will be bombarded by a lot of options and you will end up being confused. In this review, we are providing you with 10 best drones for kids from where you can choose one after going through the pros and cons.
Here is a comparison table of the top 10 best drones for kids that you can purchase:
|ALTAIR AA108 Kids Drone||4.6/5|
|ALTAIR 818 Hornet Drone||4.4/5|
|AA300 GPS Drones||4.8/5|
|DROCON Mini Drone||4.6/5|
|Potensic A20 Nano Quadcopter Drone||4.3/5|
|DROCON Foldable Quadcopter Drone||4.5/5|
|Holy Stone HS160||4.2/5|
|REDPAWZ Mini Drone||4.6/5|
|DROCON Training Drone||4.1/5|
|SpaceKey Mini Drone||4.4/5|
1. ALTAIR AA108 Kids Drone
You must have seen the marauding look in the eyes of your kid when they see you flying your high-end professional drone.
However, it’s obvious that you can’t give that powerful machine to your child and here, Altair AA108 comes to play the role and this is one of the top best drones for kids.
This drone comes with an ample amount of features along with security measures. Not only for the kid but even if you are a beginner and want to perfect your piloting skills, this can be a very good option for you.
At a little more than $100, this is the perfect gift option that comes with a very modern design.The drone also comes with propeller guards on both sides.
- This drone is the perfect fit for kids above the age of 14.
- There will be a companion app named FlyingSee that will introduce a range of features and flying paths to start with.
- The kid can also enhance and show off his/her photography skills, thanks to the 720p camera.
- There will also be an altitude-hold feature that will make the drone stay in the air even if the drone goes out of the range.
- The one-touch landing and take-off will make the drone a very easy one to use and control.
2.ALTAIR 818 Hornet Drone
You should brace yourself for the drones from Altair in this review. The brand manufactures and provides a range of drones that just fits the purpose and performs exceptionally well when it comes to perfecting one’s piloting skills.
One thing that made us pick it on number two is its easy controls. Kids will find it extremely boring when they will need to control the drone like a professional.
As we pointed out in the Cons section of the above drone, this 818 Hornet comes with two batteries included.
Each battery will last for 15 minutes and it will give a lot of flying time before you need to put it on the charge. There are various other reasons why we included it in the list of best drones for kids.
- The best feature is that it allows easy controlling and that’s what a beginner will ever want.
- The integrated camera will be of 720p and it will provide a very crisp and clear output.
- The batteries are included in the box and it will provide an extra 15 minutes of flying time.
- It can also be used with a VR headset and you will be able to get a much better view while flying.
3. AA300 GPS Drones
When it comes to stability, there are various factors that will provide you this functionality. When it comes to the kids’ drones, this feature is pretty rare and especially in this price segment.
The GPS feature allows you to go to a specified path and you can bring it back using the one-touch feature. AA300 GPS drones is the best drones for kids and This will help a lot when your kid will eventually be able to fly the professional drone.
The integrated camera on this drone will also let the kids and the beginners try their hand in aerial photography. When the camera is running low or going out of range, the GPS feature will be the one that will make it land automatically by flying it back to the takeoff point.
This one also packs two batteries with it and you will get double flying time without putting it on a charge.
- The camera is for the age group of 14 and above. It will also make it suitable for beginners to perfect their flying skills.
- The weight of the camera is around 2.11 pounds and it will allow it better stability while flying.
- The range of this drone is around 150 meters which is pretty good when it comes to the drone of this segment.
- You will also be able to attach a smartphone to get the FPV and it will allow the kids and beginners to take better shots while flying.
- The integrated camera is also of 1080p that will help you get way better shots when compared to the competitors.
4. DROCON Mini Drone
This one is loaded with features that you will find very helpful in learning how to fly the drone. It will come with a range of options to be able to fly it in a better way.
DROCON has also integrated a 6-axis gyroscope sensor that will let you shoot videos and pictures from various angles. Even though the drone is one of the best drones for kids, it is also one of the very good choices for beginners.
As the controls are pretty easy and it comes with GPS, flying this drone is pretty easy to learn. In case the drone is getting out of range, the headless feature will bring it back to the starting point.
The drone is also equipped with features that will allow better control in the case of winds.
- The drone comes with the propeller guards and it will allow you to fly it easily.
- The controller of the drone is also built very sturdy and you will be able to fly it according to your experience.
- There are 3 modes present on the drone that basically allows you speed enhancements.
- The altitude-hold feature of the drone will allow the beginners to keep it in the air without constantly keeping hands on the controller.
- The drone will be available for the age of 12 and above.
5. Potensic A20 Nano Quadcopter Drone
When it comes to professional drones, there are various features that one will get. When you are going to learn how to fly, you must not invest in a premium router.
This one from Potensic will serve the purpose and you will be able to learn very easily. The controls and the joysticks on the controller are also very smooth.
Features like one-touch landing and take-off will be used to fly the drone safely. The reason for adding this drone to the list of best drones for kids is its sturdy build and there will be multiple modes which will allow you to set the expertise level according to you.
There is also a headless mode present on the drone which will primarily be used for bringing back the drone to the starting point in case it gets out of range.
- The charging mechanism is also very simple and easy as you will be able to keep it on charge using the provided USB cable.
- The altitude-hold feature of the drone will allow you to keep it fixed on a height without using any of the joysticks.
- The propeller guards that are available on this drone will allow you to keep it safe from the after-effects of the crashing.
- Another main feature of the drone is its compact build. The materials used in the construction are very premium considering its price point.
- The drone comes with a warranty of 12 months. You will also not need to register it with the FAA.
6. DROCON Foldable Quadcopter Drone
For those who are going to learn the basics of flying, they should not invest in a high-quality drone that will make a dent in your bank account.
Also, it will be extremely hard for you to learn with the professional drones as the cheaper ones will come with much easier control and intuitive interface.
This list of best drones for kids will be able to help you in getting the perfect gift for your kid. The drone comes with a very good quality camera that is capable of recording very crisp and clear shots.
In this review, you can go through the main features and then choose on the basis of the pros and cons.
- The camera sensor that is present on the drone can record up to the resolution of 720p. This sensor will record very clear videos and images.
- The camera also gives you a 120-degree field-of-view which will allow you to get wider shots including a lot of details.
- The drone can also be folded and the propellers go in the body to give it more of a compact look.
- You will also be able to attach the smartphone and it will work as a viewfinder so that you can get the shot you want.
7. Holy Stone HS160
You just can’t find a comparison if you exactly need these features on the kid’s drone. The brand is in the market for very long and kind of aced it with this product,it is one of the best drones for kids.
If your kid always asks for the drone when he/she sees you flying, and you find yourself in a very helpless situation that you just can’t give them the professional one.
This drone will be the perfect fit and you can decide by going through the features.
- The integrated camera can record up to the resolution of 720p.
- The drone is very light-weight and it will allow it easy and better portability. You will also be able to fold the propellers to give it more of a compact look.
- The easy take-off and landing also make it easier for the kids and beginners to learn how to fly.
- It can be connected via an app and you will get all the controls right on your smartphone.
8. REDPAWZ Mini Drone
Among the list, it’s one of the most feature-rich and modern looking. The drone comes with the propeller guards that will save the fans from breaking in case it crashes somewhere.
There are various features like IR sense that you will be able to find on this drone that will allow you to keep it safe from crashing.
There are many other sensors as well that will allow the kids or the beginners to fly it easily.
You can get a better idea of the features and its working from the following features.
- The very first and the most important feature that you will get on this router is the IR sense that will help this drone is steering itself without crashing.
- The drone will also feature the headless mode and the altitude hold feature. It will allow the drone to be able to get back to the take-off location if it gets out of range.
- The users will be able to also control it by the app or their hands. You can wave the hand in the direction you want the drone to go.
- The drone can fly up to 7-8 minutes on a single charge.
9. DROCON Training Drone
One of the few best drones for kids, this one is extremely lightweight and you will be able to use it for a range of purposes.
The drone is considered best for those who are in the market to get one for their kid or for themselves to learn flying.
Here are some of the features that you must know before buying.
- One of the very salient features includes that the user will be able to do a 360-degree flip and it’s incredibly good in this price range.
- The HD camera present on the drone will allow you to get some very crisp shots that you only can imagine.
- This drone will also come with features like a headless mode that will allow the drone to come back automatically whenever it gets out of the range.
- The drone is suitable for the age of 6 years and above.
10. SpaceKey Mini Drone
Last but not the least, this drone offers a range of features so that the beginners and kids can learn how to fly a drone.
This is a very compact drone in itself and you will be able to make it even more compact by folding all the propellers and making it even easier to carry around.
The portability element with the drone is a very important feature as it makes sure that you are able to carry it with yourself wherever you go.
- There will be an altitude-hold function that the beginners can use to easily learn and perfect themselves in flying the drones.
- The headless mode will also bring the drone back to the take-off feature in case it gets out of the range.
- The drone also offers a 360-degree rotation feature so that you can get a very good panoramic shot of the space.
Buyer’s Guide For Best Drones For Kids : Factors Should Consider!
Everyone is getting crazy about drones and it’s very important for you to understand some points that will help you in getting the perfect best drones for kids drone for you. These are the factors that will help you in getting actually the one that you need.
Place to use
The most important factor that you will need to consider before buying is that if you are going to use it outdoors or indoors. If you are going to fly it outdoors, there are various factors that need to be considered. The most important factor is weight and the stabilization it can provide while flying in the winds.
Another feature that you will need to get on the drone is the altitude-hold feature. You will be able to hold the drone on a fixed height and it will let you get some very stable shots along with the use of a gyroscope sensor to easily take off or land the drone.
Ease of use
There are also various cameras available in the market that will offer you the IR sensors. These sensors will let you fly more freely and will automatically avoid the obstacles. There will also be tracking features that will keep the object in the frame without user input.
The pricing is also a very important factor, if it’s overpriced, we don’t recommend buying that one. As the drone will be used by the kids or the beginners, it can crash and all the money will go in vain.
Coming to conclude the review, you must be able to decide which one to get. If you are still confused even after going through each and every listed drone here in the Best Drones for Kids, we are here to ease it more for you by recommending 2 of the above. The first drone that we will recommend is Potensic A20, the reason we chose this is the strong connection of the remote and drone which will allow better flying and you will be able to learn easily as well. Another one you can buy on our recommendation is DROCON Mini Drone. This drone will come with 3 different modes and as you progress in learning, you can level up without needing another one.
Is it safe for the kids to fly the drones?
Yes, the drone manufacturers take proper care as per the FAA rules in using the materials and security features.
How kids’ drones will help beginners?
These drones come with very easy control and interface. For a beginner, it will be much easier to learn flying without any complications.
Do these drones need to be registered?
All drones, no matter if it’s kids or professional, weighing above 250 gms need to be registered with the FAA to fly legally.